Tuesday, October 14, 2008

teach me to live

you're torturing me with an arrow
a blunt dagger, just above, hovering,
it gives me hope however,
just end this, end my sorrow

my one-man army preparing solely
against red-painted skies of enemy
merging with forests of allies
marching towards me remorseless

remember once you saw of bright visions
intertwining clutches of passion
making precise images of our future
and said "I’m going to take you further now"

have I mention of grey nights?
evolving slowly, seeping into the essence
bringing forth thousands of suffocating fumes
slithering mysteriously by inches

triangle tethers are forged mercilessly
forced to be worn leaving distinguishing marks
throwing all off balance in the chaos
our threshold is unsteadied by animosity

stop threading on my land
leaving muddy trails, stepping on blood of hurt
crushing new pockets of life
just finding the meaning of growth

orange leaves are soaring aimlessly
as if mocking me silently laughing continuously
to petty arguments, picking fights
give in if you must but keep your pride

I watch drops of rain colour the pavement
darker gaps between sun beams clearer
cracks on walls arranging layered patterns
saying one thing or another

I hear now chatters of life around me
young lives emit rhythmic inscriptions
happy notes stirs envy in my hollowed grounds
partly urging me to stand and see

perhaps it is time to sing out loud
write on soft waves in the wind or so
sway me to uncharted depths of new worlds
teach me to live wordless and proud

No comments: